- 8,930 Reads
Join 230 other subscribers
- Follow Nolsie Notes on WordPress.com
- Tin Badgery
- The Port
- Remembering not to forget
- Top 5 list – The most stupid things I have ever done.
- The 4th most stupid thing I have ever done.
- Take a good long hard look at yourself.
- “Rotten Monster” by James Nolan – A short film.
- He died with the 6th hole flag stick in his hand
- Changing for gain.
- Catching up to the future.
- The morning.
- The blowfly mountain
- The yarn.
- The comfort sponge
- The tubist.
- Tend the Garden
- The round tower
- The moth.
- My brush with “No Mess” Charlie.
- The third wave.
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award
- The steam room.
- The dreamer
- The changing of the guard
- The wood chopper
- The red locomotive.
- The world’s best ever backyard cricketer.
- The cone of silence.
- Looking for Huntsville.
- The glue factory.
- The Vibe.
- The Jeweller.
- The honey chain.
- No bunker faces!
- St. Ronan’s well. Thanks for asking!
- My car drove off without me!
- The sock mathematician.
- My dad accidentally cut his arm off!
- Stage Fright
- When you say the word “country”, always try and finish it.
Top Posts & Pages
John Shortell on Tin Badgery Cait Shortell on The Port Nolsie on The Port John Shortell on The Port Daniel Meadows on The Port
Blogs I Follow
- Ordinary Adventures
- m o n o c h r o m e j u n k i e †
- Therapeutic Misadventures
- Seumas Gallacher
- Writer's notebook
- Ray Ferrer - Emotion on Canvas
- Humor in America
- we stutter and we dont care
- Suddenly they all died. The end.
- 5000 POPPIES
- How the Cookie Crumbles
- Go Jules Go
- White Elephant in the Room
- Mostly Bright Ideas
- The IoT - The Internet of Things
- A Blog for Humans
- cancer killing recipe
- Brown and Wooden
- Excuse My Speech
- I've become my parents
- Hello. I stutter.
Monthly Archives: October 2014
St. Ronan’s well. Thanks for asking!
This sign sits at a hairpin bend on the winding road through “The Spur” from Healsville to Narbethong, East of Melboune. In 1980, an old friend of ours, Matt Collopy, joked about the sign as we passed by on … Continue reading
Posted in Humor Tagged australian, humor Leave a comment
My car drove off without me!
Stupidity has me on speed dial. And mornings are not my strong suit. Deprive me of caffeine, and what may start out as a barely functional morning can then trail off very badly. Routinely parking opposite the post office … Continue reading
Posted in Humor Tagged australian, humor 9 Comments
The sock mathematician.
Daisy, what is the likelihood of a satellite falling out of the sky and landing on our house? Daisy: “woof..woof!” [0.0000000000001%]. Good girl. Now, if you have 2 dog biscuits, and you share 1 of them with the dog over … Continue reading
Posted in Humor Tagged Dogs, humor, Pets 4 Comments
My dad accidentally cut his arm off!
My dear old dad is 80 and clearly not very good with power tools. Earlier this week he cut his whole arm off with a chainsaw. I might have just made that up. In truth, it was a circular saw. … Continue reading
Posted in Humor Tagged humor, Parents Leave a comment
My apologies in advance if this one is a bit “blokey”… Now that the spring horse racing carnival here in Melbourne is underway, and we gather strength for another fun Derby Day at Flemington racecourse, where the most popular … Continue reading
Posted in Humor Tagged australian, humor 7 Comments
When you say the word “country”, always try and finish it.
There is no word in the English language that demands completion more than the word “country”. This is particularly true when you are giving a lecture to about 300 post graduate marketing students, and you are blessed with a … Continue reading
Posted in Stuttering Tagged australian, funny, humor, public speaking, stutter, stuttering 11 Comments