Thankyou very much Stuart M. Perkins (https://storyshucker.wordpress.com) for nominating me for a WordPress “Very Inspiring Blogger award”. I look forward to, and enjoy reading all of your posts, and I encourage anyone who reads this to read your blogs as well (see Stuart’s link above).
I have only been blogging for 4 months so I am still new at this game. I agonized over pressing the “publish” button for days before sending out my first post because I honestly didn’t think anyone would want to read it. Thankyou everyone for your kind words of encouragement and comments. I am very much enjoying blogging and will keep writing as long as somebody reads it!
To participate in the award process I need to follow the award rules, which are to:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.
Here are 7 facts about me:
- When I reach 90 I want to be able to sit on a verandah somewhere and look back on life and be able to truthfully say to myself that I wouldn’t have done things any differently, and that I had given life my best shot. On big decisions I always think about that verandah.
- I’m really hoping I reach 90.
- I love life. I hope that this outlook is reflected in my stories. If I can make 1 other person laugh or feel a bit better then I have succeeded. I’m trying to see things a bit differently, and enjoy laughing at my own expense. I just wish I didn’t have so much material!
- I live in Melbourne Australia, I’m 52, very happily married to Susie (nearly 25 years) with two grown up children (Emily 20, James 17), and a new 14 week old black labrador “Rosie”, whom we have all fallen in love with. Our kids are both passionate creatives – Emily (fashion) and James (film), and this pleases Susie and I immensely. I’m a passionate but long-suffering Richmond Tigers Australian Rules Football supporter. The 2015 season starts soon and I have a good feeling in my water about this year. That feeling usually passes by round four.
- Growing up, my two creative passions were writing and painting (oils). I wanted to be a journalist in my teens, but instead of attending journalism cadetship interviews when I finished school, I jumped into a VW combi van with a bunch of friends and surfboards and spent 6 months surfing around the coastline of Australia. I don’t regret that decision at all because I reflect happily on some aspect of those 6 months every day, but I do apologize to mum and dad for disappearing one morning without notice. Sometimes you have to just get out there and do it. I eventually studied Marketing and after working in several large hardware and electrical goods companies, co-founded an importing/national wholesaling business 17 years ago (Nidus Holdings Pty Ltd), specializing in building related products, mainly door hardware. I now find door levers attractive, and I probably should be seeing a specialist about my condition.
- My daughter Emily talked me into starting a blog 4 months ago. At the time I didn’t really know what they were. Thankyou Em. Who says parents don’t listen to their kids?
- I am lucky to have a great bunch of friends and extended family, many of whom may read this. I hope that verandah is very crowded when we get there.
Set out below are 15 nominations for the award.