- 9,021 Reads
Join 230 other subscribers
- Follow Nolsie Notes on WordPress.com
- Tin Badgery
- The Port
- Remembering not to forget
- Top 5 list – The most stupid things I have ever done.
- The 4th most stupid thing I have ever done.
- Take a good long hard look at yourself.
- “Rotten Monster” by James Nolan – A short film.
- He died with the 6th hole flag stick in his hand
- Changing for gain.
- Catching up to the future.
- The morning.
- The blowfly mountain
- The yarn.
- The comfort sponge
- The tubist.
- Tend the Garden
- The round tower
- The moth.
- My brush with “No Mess” Charlie.
- The third wave.
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award
- The steam room.
- The dreamer
- The changing of the guard
- The wood chopper
- The red locomotive.
- The world’s best ever backyard cricketer.
- The cone of silence.
- Looking for Huntsville.
- The glue factory.
- The Vibe.
- The Jeweller.
- The honey chain.
- No bunker faces!
- St. Ronan’s well. Thanks for asking!
- My car drove off without me!
- The sock mathematician.
- My dad accidentally cut his arm off!
- Stage Fright
- When you say the word “country”, always try and finish it.
Top Posts & Pages
John Shortell on Tin Badgery Cait Shortell on The Port Nolsie on The Port John Shortell on The Port Daniel Meadows on The Port
Blogs I Follow
- Ordinary Adventures
- m o n o c h r o m e j u n k i e †
- Therapeutic Misadventures
- Seumas Gallacher
- Writer's notebook
- Ray Ferrer - Emotion on Canvas
- Humor in America
- we stutter and we dont care
- Suddenly they all died. The end.
- 5000 POPPIES
- How the Cookie Crumbles
- Go Jules Go
- White Elephant in the Room
- Mostly Bright Ideas
- The IoT - The Internet of Things
- A Blog for Humans
- cancer killing recipe
- Brown and Wooden
- Excuse My Speech
- I've become my parents
- Hello. I stutter.
June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: people
I was first exposed to the mysterious and silent language of “Tin Badgery” at the tender age of not much, and well before I had any wits about me. Maybe 7 or 8 years old. When my parents were away … Continue reading
Posted in Humor Tagged australian, funny, humor, Life, people, tin badge, tin badgery, vending machines 1 Comment
A few weeks ago my father turned a very sharp, fit and healthy 84. His grand-kids insist that he is, in fact, Colonel Sanders, and every time I see him now I feel like racing out and buying a bucket … Continue reading
Remembering not to forget
“Collopy for Toys” didn’t just sell toys. Not so long ago, in the jaws of Melbourne’s historic Camberwell Junction, where 3 main roads intersect and distribute masses of people and cars in 6 different directions, there stood, nestled in amongst … Continue reading
Posted in children, Humor, Life, People, Places Tagged australian, Balwyn Road and Belmore Roads, Camberwell Junction, children, Collopy for Toys, Dean's Garage, Esso petrol station, good service, humor, John and Barbara Collopy, Life, North Balwyn, old fashioned service, people, Places, toy shop 2 Comments
Catching up to the future.
Sometimes the future arrives early and catches you by surprise. When our first-born child arrived, late in August 1994, we were totally unprepared – and then we had to roll the dice. Let me preface this story by apologizing for its … Continue reading
Posted in children, Parenting Tagged australian, babies, childbirth, children, Friendship, grandmother, humor, Life, parenting, Parents, people, photograhy, Royal Children's Hospital 10 Comments
Our family was seated for an impromptu dinner at a very popular and busy Thai restaurant in Melbourne late last year. The place was packed with people, and the tables and chairs were overpopulated given the space available. It was … Continue reading
Some people are eternal dreamers, and spend most of their time visualising how they would ideally like their life to pan out. Some of these people put so much energy into their dreaming that they struggle to find the time … Continue reading
Posted in environment, People Tagged australian, career, Climate, dreaming, environment, Life, people, sustainability 3 Comments